How to connect Samsung Galaxy Siii i9300 to PC
Connection methods for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
To exchange files from PC, you need to have a working connection of your Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300.
To get started, follow these steps.
1. Windows users should download and install the USB drivers for the Galaxy S3 from Samsung Website. However, Mac users do not need to install any software.
2. Connect the device to an available USB port using the included USB cable.
3. A prompt will appear on the screen of the phone. Drag the notification area down, then make a selection based on what you wish to do with the device.
- Connected as media Device > Media device (MTP) – Use this selection if you wish to use Windows Explorer or the Mac Finder to manually transfer files between the PC and the phone or to utilize Windows Media Player.
- Connected as a media device > Camera (PTP) – To use your phone as a camera.
You may also use the Samsung Kies software to manage files on the Galaxy S3. You can download and install the Kies software from the Samsung website. Once the Kies software is installed, it will automatically start whenever you connect the phone to your computer and is compatible with both Mac and Windows.
You should now know everything you need to know about connecting your Samsung Galaxy S3 to your PC.