Downloading Amazon Kindle Fire adb usb driver and installation guide
In case you want to root your Amazon Kindle Fire adb USB driver is a must installed component, install TWRP 2.0 on Kindle Fire and talk to Kindle Fire from PC. However, Amazon does not provide Kindle Fire adb USB driver but just provide USB mass storage driver only. You can install Kindle Fire adb USB driver the other old way as well with Android SDK Development Environment. Or just install Kindle Fire adb USB driver the simple way by follow below step by step video guide on Windows 7. Then use Kindle Fire Utility to do other stuffs like rooting and install TWRP 2.0.
Here is the video instruction Guide:
Step by Step Instructions:
- Connect USB cable to Kindle Fire.
- At PC, extract Kindle-Fire-Driver.7z to C drive (c:\Kindle Fire Driver).
- Enter Kindle Fire Driver.
- Click on Install.bat (this will install copy adb_usb.ini to C:\Users\YourUserName\.android folder).
- Click on Windows (Start at bottom left).
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Right click on Kindle then select Properties.
- Go to Hardware tab.
- Highlight Kindle with yellow sign then select Properties again.
- Select Update Drivers…
- Select Browse my computer for driver software ~ Locate and install driver software manually.
- Select Browse…, and select C:\Kindle Fire Driver folder.
- When Windows Security prompt, select Install this driver software anyway
You should see Android Composite ADB Interface as the new device after driver installed successfully. You can use Kindle Fire Utility to test Kindle Fire adb USB driver is working or not. Why not use install driver feature in Kindle Fire Utility? There is an issue on Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.1. It will replace Kindle Fire USB Mass Storage driver. So you can’t use USB Mass Storage mode anymore if you install driver with Kindle Fire Utility.
Download Kindle Fire adb USB driver here.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)