Zte v9 android 2.2 update
Zte v9 android 2.2 update THIS WILL ALSO FIX ANY SOFTWARE PROBLEM ON THIS ANDROID ZTE TAB
Running this update is irreversible (you can not go back to 2.1 with you'r existing roms, they will not work.) do not proceed unless you are sure you really want Android 2.2 NOW!
-- After updating you will have what's being refereed to as a GEN2 device.
P.S. I've used it, and its working well so far.
-- Strangely enough, it's changed my IMIE number...
Here are the steps to get it running.
You will need these files:
Download android_2.2_for_zte_light-read_1st.rar for free on Filesonic.com
Download V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03.rar for free on Filesonic.com
1) download The files
2) unrar both files to a temporary directory
3) install the Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program
4) Place the patched exe into the directory you installed MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01
5) run Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program and at the bottom left point it at the location you unrared the larger file
6) remove the usb cable and the battery from your device, wait 10 seconds, put it the battery back in.
7)Holding down the 'Volume -' Button, push the power button to start the device into FTM. (Please Note: If you have ClockWork Recovery installed onto your device, you will need to re-flash with a stock rom to correctly access FTM mode. In FTM mode, the screen will display the letters FTM inside a white box)
8) Ensure the device is correctly connected to your PC via the USB Cable.
9) using hardware manager find the port for your device and set it in Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01's setting (read the DOC file for more info)
10) at the bottom of the application under 'File Information' press SW Directory and browse to the 'V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03(offical)' directory
11) in Action Mode tick the 'Backup NV' box and then Press 'Start All'
12) you should find a file called 'Channel1.nvm' in the program directory, take a copy of that
13) back in Action Mode tick the 'Download' box and Press 'Start All' again