Useing AE/AF Lock on the iPhone's camera in iOS 5
Step by step Guide
Wondering how to us iOS 5's new AE/AF lock to stop your iPhone's auto-focus from wrecking your perfectly set up shot? Fret no more! With iOS 5, locking exposure and focus couldn't be easier, and after applying the lock, you can even recompose your shot without the camera kicking in the auto-focus.
- Launch the camera app and get your subject in the frame
- Tap the object/person you want to focus on and hold your finger on the screen for a few seconds
- Release your finger after the blue focus square pulsates
- The square will disappear and AE/AF Lock will appear at the bottom of the screen
- Perfect your composure and snap the photo!
The times I find this feature most helpful is when taking photos of my daughter or dogs, because anytime they move, the camera wants to refocus - even if it's just a head turn. I've lost a countless number of shots because of this. Now I just trigger the AE/AF lock and snap away!Let us know how this tip worked out for you, and if you have any questions, ask them in the comments below!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)