Thread: How to get recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001

Thanks

Default How to get recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001

Getting Recovery mode on samsung galaxy s plus i9001

Recovery mode is used to install system updates in form of update.zip files (such as the one for rooting your phone), performing a factory reset and wiping the cache.

To enter recovery mode, turn off the phone, connect the USB cable, and then hold down Volume Up + Power.

If done properly, the phone will show the SAMSUNG and Galaxy S Plus screens and then end up at the "Android out of the box screen". Now press Menu to enter recovery mode.

The options for actually performing recovery when something is wrong with your phone are very limited with the stock recovery that comes preinstalled on your phone. However, you have the option to replace it with a much better, fully-featured recovery called "ClockworkMod Recovery" (CWM).

Getting into recovery mode can be a bit fiddly and you might need several tries. Connecting the USB cable makes it a lot easier. CWM recovery does not have this problem and boots reliably. If you are still having problems getting into recovery mode, download Easy Reboot Recovery.zip, unpack and run RebootRecovery.bat while your phone is connected with the USB cable. The phone will reboot into recovery mode.

Navigation in recovery mode is done using the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up and down in lists and the Home button for choosing an item. Sometimes a simple push of the Home button is interpreted as two pushes so be careful. CWM recovery avoids this by using Menu as the enter key instead.

Recovery mode is a separate partition on your device that holds its own minimal Android system with a kernel and a small set of tools

Android_out_of_the_Box.jpg "Android out of the box" icon indicating successfully booted recovery mode"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gsmman For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Official iPhone Unlock - iUnlockStore World's most trusted iPhone Unlocking Solution -
    Official iPhone Unlock

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmman View Post
    Getting Recovery mode on samsung galaxy s plus i9001

Recovery mode is used to install system updates in form of update.zip files (such as the one for rooting your phone), performing a factory reset and wiping the cache.

To enter recovery mode, turn off the phone, connect the USB cable, and then hold down Volume Up + Power.

If done properly, the phone will show the SAMSUNG and Galaxy S Plus screens and then end up at the "Android out of the box screen". Now press Menu to enter recovery mode.

The options for actually performing recovery when something is wrong with your phone are very limited with the stock recovery that comes preinstalled on your phone. However, you have the option to replace it with a much better, fully-featured recovery called "ClockworkMod Recovery" (CWM).

Getting into recovery mode can be a bit fiddly and you might need several tries. Connecting the USB cable makes it a lot easier. CWM recovery does not have this problem and boots reliably. If you are still having problems getting into recovery mode, download Easy Reboot Recovery.zip, unpack and run RebootRecovery.bat while your phone is connected with the USB cable. The phone will reboot into recovery mode.

Navigation in recovery mode is done using the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up and down in lists and the Home button for choosing an item. Sometimes a simple push of the Home button is interpreted as two pushes so be careful. CWM recovery avoids this by using Menu as the enter key instead.

Recovery mode is a separate partition on your device that holds its own minimal Android system with a kernel and a small set of tools

Android_out_of_the_Box.jpg "Android out of the box" icon indicating successfully booted recovery mode"

I'd installed ClockworkMod Recovery in my galaxy S plus. But now I want to go back to the stock Recovery mod. So as to claim my phones warranty. Could u plz guide me in doing this

Thanks

Step 1- Quick Boot has to be downloaded from the Google Play Store and further install it.

Step 2- The app has to be opened, and the 4 options you see are: Recovery , Reboot, , Boot loader and Power Off.

Step 3- Hit the ‘Recovery’ tab and your phone will start rebooting automatically into the Recovery Mode.

Thread Information