Thread: How to FACTORY UNLOCK your AT&T IPHONE permanently

Thanks

Default How to FACTORY UNLOCK your AT&T IPHONE permanently

A lot of people on this forum are asking on how to permanently unlock their iPhones. Not an easy feat because each and every single service provider out there wants you to stay on their network. Some of you seem nervous about unlocking your phone through a 3rd party vendor, so I thought should share my experience.

I had two AT&T iPhones, an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 4s, which I was using gevey sims to unlock (frankly a pain in the butt having to dial 112 and losing service all the time). I tried getting them unlocked through AT&T with no success. They simply sent me an email a few days later saying I was not eligible. So, I resorted to one site I knew of already since I've unlocked my Blackberry with them in the past before for a ridiculously low fee like $2. They were timely and reliable, and answered all my questions, ALL FOR $2, so it seemed right in having them unlock my two iPhones as well. The iPhones took a bit longer, about an hour each to unlock. And the process wasn't like my Blackberry where I had to enter an unlock code. They sent me an email saying my phone was unlocked. Then following their instructions, I connected my iPhone to iTunes, and got a "Congratulations your phone is now unlocked" message on the screen. Now I'm using the phones happily on a prepaid network Straight Talk, and on other GSM networks when I travel internationally for work. I've also updated my software to the latest version (NO MORE 4.3.5! YES!) and done some restores, and the unlock never went away.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
    Last edited by GSM_Update; 09-19-2012 at 08:46 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yamsie For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Official iPhone Unlock - iUnlockStore World's most trusted iPhone Unlocking Solution -
    Official iPhone Unlock

Thread Information